Skip to main content

Social media leaders love this community.

The group is a real life saver.

Amy Heiss, Charles Schwab

Having a network of peers to tap into when dealing with decisions around a global pandemic, social justice movements, and potential boycotts of platforms you use every day is truly priceless.

Angela Eick, Steelcase

The calls this year have been so valuable — we were able to provide recommendations and POVs to our leadership based on feedback from other brands. We wouldn’t have had the level of confidence about our social strategy this year without SocialMedia.org.

Rob Hanson, Keurig Dr Pepper

It is the only dedicated social media association we actively participate in, because it’s the only one we need.

Todd Blecher, Boeing

Being a part of this community allows me to speak with confidence when I say I’m making the right decision or I’m changing course as needed. This community helps me assess risk. By attending calls I can tell my boss, ‘X% of people in roles like mine are doing X,’ which is so vital to what I do.

Michelle Lockett, Siemens Healthineers

The amount of helpful information, ongoing support, and networking opportunities I receive from this organization is invaluable.

Alyssa Meyers, Thomson Reuters

We are definitely getting our money’s worth out of SocialMedia.org. The calls have been super helpful to benchmark where other companies stand. We share internally what we’re learning, and it’s powerful to be able to say, ‘I just got off a call with 200 brands, 12% of them are doing this.

Molly James-Lundak, AbbVie

SocialMedia.org is a place where I can ask my burning questions and receive responses from like-minded individuals with endless amounts of advice and support. In SocialMedia.org we are all in it together — no matter the issue, platform, etc. — and I so appreciate having a community where I can learn new things and discover helpful resources in such a fast-paced industry.

Andi Gladstone, Hasbro

This community helps me grow professionally. I get the chance to connect with my counterparts in a number of industries, as well as competing firms. And because of our confidentiality agreement, we share stories and insights that help us connect in ways we might not otherwise.

Allen Plummer, Vanguard

SocialMedia.org is perfect for time-starved individuals who are managing social media for big brands.

Whitney Porter, Ferguson Enterprises

SocialMedia.org has been there for me in so many ways. They have helped me develop incredible connections within the social media profession, and I have met so many friends along the way! I would not be where I am today without this organization.

Julie Clement Cochran, Wells Fargo

SocialMedia.org is an amazing lifeline for me. As a team of one, I don’t get to engage in conversations as much as I’d like, but knowing the team is there when I need support is a great comfort.

Julie Nuernberg, REV Group

As a leader in social media, there’s been a LOT of tough decisions to make lately. Luckily, I’m not alone in these decisions, because I have my social media family just a click or phone call away. It’s the perfect place to have discussions with other leaders about social media strategy, give and receive actionable advice, and learn from each other’s success and failures.

Andrew Todd, Extra Storage Space

I’m always amazed at how willing everyone is to share. It can be especially difficult to translate social media for BtoB organizations, but I find that I learn things from other members that could relate to marketers of any organization.

Lorie Robinson, Sabre Holdings

SocialMedia.org is a vital resource to help professionals in our space have a point of connection, a frame of reference, and a community to turn to. It’s been a great resource for my whole team.

Rebecca Michals, eBay

With the social media boycotts, the pandemic, and everything else that’s been going on, SocialMedia.org has really proved its value. This is information we wouldn’t get anywhere else. SocialMedia.org staff seem to understand the pulse of all the stuff we care about — even sometimes before we’re aware of it.

Andy Rose, Amica Mutual Insurance

Truly the best investment I’ve made this year.

Shea Carter, Kontoor Brands (Wrangler Jeans)

I can’t say enough how happy I am to be a part of SocialMedia.org. I appreciate that it’s nothing like other groups that include vendors who are looking for new leads — this is an intimate, hands-on community that gets into the detail I need as a social media leader.

Melissa McKee, Sheetz

We are so happy to have renewed our SocialMedia.org membership. Especially during 2020, we have needed the community — ALL THE TIME.

Andrea Sobotor, LexisNexis Risk

Membership is a great value, because members just ‘get’ us and ‘get’ social. It’s the best customer service delivered by a trade organization!

Stephanie Dlugopolski, Johnsonville Sausage

It helps us speak from authority to internal decision-makers since we have a pulse on what other brands are doing.

James LaCorte, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina

I am so grateful for SocialMedia.org for providing me with guidance, expertise, and a sense of community throughout my career in social. What we all do isn’t easy, and it’s certainly changed a lot over the years, but I love knowing that I always have a peer group to learn from whenever I need help.

Lauren Ebner, Wells Fargo

No matter if we’re competitors or in completely different industries, SocialMedia.org and its members continually encourages growth amongst peers that’s hard to get from any other professional group.

Sonny Gill, Johns Hopkins Medicine

SocialMedia.org was there for me in the most challenging of times. Specifically, when social media rapidly grew during the pandemic, and I didn’t know what direction to take to be as successful as I knew we could be. The organization and the people in the community have always been willing to step up and help, and for that, I’m thankful.

Nicole Walden, Rust-Oleum

SocialMedia.org provides the community that we need so we don’t feel so alone. We push each other to make our ideas 10% better, and we support each other when the work gets too overwhelming. This type of community is invaluable and ensures the longevity of our careers.

Susan Chang, Dropbox

SocialMedia.org has always been a valuable forum, but the discussions we had in 2020 were an essential resource on multiple occasions.

Bo Gowan, Ciena

It’s unfair to call SocialMedia.org an ‘industry group.’ They are a collective of peers, and, as such, have provided hundreds of moments of support, lessons-learned, and plain old camaraderie through COVID-19 — as they always do. No ‘industry group’ inspires like this one does.

Doug Busk, Emory University

I’ve said it before, but even without the great swag, SocialMedia.org is the best, most useful, friendly, and productive professional community I’ve ever joined. If you’re in the industry, you should absolutely consider applying for membership.

Erica Manney, Synchrony

The SocialMedia.org community has been invaluable lately. I’m able to come back to our leadership team with solid ideas on how we can be better. I am grateful we could eke out the budget at the end of the year in 2019 to join, because I think I would be feeling lost without the community right now.

David Lingholm, Consumers Energy

Direct quote from our Director of Communications, ‘In the past three weeks, SocialMedia.org has shown its value threefold.’

Shelby Khan, Cloudera

If it’s important, we’re talking about it at SocialMedia.org.

Matthew Staub, H&R Block

This community gives me great peace of mind knowing I can reach out to a large group of professionals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets at any time about a variety of topics and get responses and perspective almost instantly.

Anthony Jones, Rockwell Automation

I love how I can ask a question to the group and get an answer in two seconds.

Regina DeMars, Conagra Brands

I love that it is a place where I can go to get answers from fellow social media folks who are in the trenches all day, every day.

Shoshana Lewin, Union Bank

At SocialMedia.org, there’s no agencies — there’s nobody selling anything. It’s sort of like gloves are off, and you can talk about what you need to talk about.

Lisa Zimmer, MillerCoors

SocialMedia.org has helped facilitate not only social dialogue among colleagues, but learnings, best practices, and application across a broad spectrum of relevant topics. These discussions have made me a better communicator and made me look at things from a different perspective and lens.

Brandon Ngo, UPS

It’s helped to make me a more strategic marketer, because I get to learn from and share with such talented people.

Vykky Howard, Advance Auto Parts

SocialMedia.org is the single most important source of information for a social media practitioner.

LaSandra Brill, Cisco Systems

No egos, no fluff, just candid conversations with people just like myself who want to make the social space better for big brands.

Ryan Dickerson, The Home Depot

My CMO came to us asking, ‘What are you hearing from SocialMedia.org? What are other brands doing?’ He’s relying on our wrap-ups after each COVID-19 call to verify we’re doing the right thing. In terms of maintaining social media industry expertise, this organization has really proven to be of value for our organization.

Kerry Hassen, Delaware North

This truly is a special group, and we are very proud to be a part of it.

Robin Thomas, Brinker International

I’m so honored to be a part of SocialMedia.org. They’ve been putting in work through every crisis we’ve faced in social media this year, and they’ve provided so many resources.

Tyler Litchenberger, Toyota

SocialMedia.org has been a gamechanger for me at two different companies, providing the help and validation that I need to move projects forward and help drive meaningful change. The members approach every question with a ‘YES’ and are always willing to share resources or sit down and help solve a problem. The organization operates as an extension of my own team and company, and is a place I turn to give and receive help.

Linda Lollo, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company

SocialMedia.org is the ultimate professional gut-check for social media leads. It’s fabulous to know you can get POVs, resources, and input from peers across all kinds of industries at a near-moment’s notice. It’s hugely important in a world where the pace never really seems to slow down.

Sally Mollman, Medtronic

I love the diversity of thoughts members bring to SocialMedia.org conversations. There is always something new to learn from others in this rapidly changing social media environment.

Edna Guerra, Kimberly-Clark

Next: Learn how it works

All the nitty gritty details.