Last week we wrapped up our second Board Meeting in New York.
30 talent marketing leaders from 25 brands got together to talk about the things that are most important to their work right now.
We heard 3 Show & Tell talks from fellow Talent Marketing Board members, all people leading employer brand and recruitment marketing at the world’s biggest companies.
They shared stories about projects they led, a challenge they faced, what went well, what didn’t work, and what they hope to do next. We heard from:
- Carmen Mason from Enterprise Holdings on their employee advocacy initiative that led to the creation of their Social Recruiting Team.
- Abbie Rathmann from AbbVie on connecting employer brand to business.
- Hilton’s Vanessa Sain-Dieguez on how they are humanizing their employer brand with a tribe of internal influencers.
Following our afternoon of conversations and Show & Tell talks, Talent Marketing Board members will all go out for a fantastic dinner together.
We made a pit stop in Times Square on our way to our private Member Dinner at Carmine’s Italian Restaurant. There was a lot of food and even more laughs. It was the perfect opportunity for members to connect with each other before a big day of brainstorming, discussion, and collaboration.
We also held 5 Member-Led Discussions where Talent Marketing Board members explored tough questions, shared experiences, and got help with specific challenges they’re facing.
Discussions were led by:
- Cissy Wendt from John Deere on showcasing EVPs through sourcing employee testimonials for career sites, social, and other events.
- Progressive Insurance’s Erin Hendrick on assessing source and lead attributions by asking questions like, which sources are producing the most applicants and hires, and how are you making decisions for spending paid dollars.
- Tamara Tyree with Vanguard on how to take your career sites from blah to bold by implementing a consumer first mindset to improve the candidate’s digital experience.
- Raj Suri from Intel on employer brand dashboards, specifically how you measure EB strength, how often should you measure, and what can you do to move the needle?
- Liberty Mutual’s Frank Emanuele on recruiting and appealing to software engineers on social.
You won’t want to miss the next opportunity to have face-to-face conversations with people like you at brands like yours.
Here are the brands who were there: AbbVie, AT&T, Avis Budget Group, AXA, BAE Systems, Beiersdorf, Bosch, Citizens Financial Bank, Danone North America, Enterprise Holdings, Fidelity Investments, Hilton Worldwide, Honeywell, Intel, John Deere, Liberty Mutual Insurance, Lockheed Martin, MetLife, Progressive Insurance, Schneider Electric, TD Bank, Under Armour, Vanguard, Verizon, and Weight Watchers.
Join us at our next meeting will be in Chicago, September 25-26.
See you next time!