Welcome to SocialMedia.org Health's new blog.
It's dedicated to our members: the people leading social media at major hospitals. It's one part showing off all of the great things they do, one part showing you you're not alone.
Because yes, your job is weird.
There aren't many people with the same challenges, the same worries that keep them up at night, the same privilege of perspective, or the same opportunity to create change.
We know a lot of people like you.
And our only job at SocialMedia.org Health is to bring people like you together and give you a safe space to have the conversations you can't have anywhere else.
If you're a member, this blog will help you get to know your community better and build deeper connections on those shared experiences.
And if you're not, we're hoping this blog will tell you more about the people you want to get to know — people like you with jobs like yours at hospitals like yours — so you can join them in our private community.
This is the only place in the world talking about exactly what you do.
Here's a look at what you can expect from this blog:
- Meet a member who helped launch one of the first corporate social pages ever and why moving into healthcare took facing some fears
- Learn why one children's hospital took on Snapchat as a channel for the kids
- Meet a former Googler who wrote a language dictionary, helped launch YouTube in France, and started a hospital's social media program from scratch
- Learn how a former CNN senior writer is bringing an editorial eye to a medical center
- Learn how social leaders are using Facebook Live for everything from breaking controversial news and press conferences to sharing cooking recipes and AED demos
- Meet a member who chose healthcare over the tech scene to do the rewarding work of telling patient stories
Stay tuned every week to hear these stories and learn more about the people with jobs just like yours.
Want to be a part of this? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.