Thanks to a ton of amazing people, nowhere-else conversations, and some fun nights out in Chicago, our third Member Meeting was a huge success! We had 68 social media leaders from 45 major hospitals and zero vendors in attendance.
8 Show & Tell talks and 2 member-led sessions
Over two days, SocialMedia.org Health members shared what they're working on in casual, behind-the-scenes talks. We heard from:
- Johns Hopkins Medicine’s Tristin Bates on how to utilize the best paid campaign objective to meet business goals.
- Mercy’s Bethany Pope and Brad Haller with an inside look at how they manage their social media crisis response team.
- Hospital for Special Surgery’s Andrew Worob on social media measurement and insights.
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago’s Julianne Bardele and Katie Fanella on fundraising using social media.
- Northwell Health’s Christina Stolfo on their “One in 61,000” social media campaign.
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital’s Elizabeth Whittington on how they engage and encourage their researchers to use social media.
- IU Health’s Whitney Ertel and Chris Abbotts on creating dashboards for the C-suite.
- UT Southwestern Medical Center’s Kristen Shear on their “28 days of heart health” social media campaign.
- Advocate Health Care’s Sarah Scroggins on leveraging sports partnerships.
- Providence St. Joseph Health’s Mary Renouf on building and launching influencer program in healthcare social media.
28 peer-to-peer discussions
In the afternoons, we had many rounds of unconferences where members suggested discussion topics, voted for their favorites, and joined the conversations that interested them the most. (SocialMedia.org Health members can log into the Member Center here to see the confidential conversation topics.)
45 major hospitals attended
Advocate Health Care, Allegheny Health Network, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, Atlantic Health System, Aurora Health Care, Avera Health, Banner Health, Baptist Health Jacksonville, Boston Children's Hospital, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Children's National Health System, The Christ Hospital, Cincinnati Children's, Franciscan Alliance, Henry Ford Health System, Hospital for Special Surgery, IU Health, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Mercy, Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare, Michigan Medicine, Nemours Children's Health System, Northwell Health, Northwestern Medicine, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Oregon Health & Science University, Parkview Health, Penn Medicine, Piedmont Healthcare, Presence Health, Providence St. Joseph Health, Sinai Health System, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, UC Davis Health, UI Health Care, UnityPoint Health, University Hospitals, University of Iowa Health Care, The University of Vermont Medical Center, UT Southwestern Medical Center, UW Health, and Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
A sneak peek through the social media lens
The meeting was completely off-the-record to ensure confidential conversations, but here's a sneak peek at what the meeting was like through our members' eyes: