Lisa-Bialeki-Young

Member Meeting All Star, Lisa Bialecki from Rust-Oleum, celebrates attending 12 SocialMedia.org meetings

Member Meeting All StarAhead of our 50th Member Meeting, we’re going to be spotlighting our top 10 Member Meeting All Stars — members who’ve attended the most Member Meetings during their time in the community.

We’re continuing our series with Senior Director of Integrated Communications at Rust-Oleum, Lisa Bialecki. Lisa is celebrating attending 12 Member Meetings and shared her key pieces of advice for first-time attendees.

How would you describe your first SocialMedia.org Member Meeting?

Enlightening & refreshing. I found a group of people who faced similar challenges and, better, who could share advice.

What are some of the biggest insights or “aha” moments you’ve taken away from Member Meetings and applied to your program?

Target your C-suite in all ads. Game changer.

What are some of your favorite activities or memories from past Member Meetings?

The longest, biggest Chinese meal in history [at Member Meeting 34 in San Francisco].

Why do you make attending Member Meetings a priority?

I always try to be there — even if I can’t make the entire meeting. Because, If I can take away one thing that helps our team work smarter, it’s a win.

What advice would you give to someone going to their first Member Meeting?

Talk to new people at breaks, meals, in the hotel elevator — wherever. Check your email if you have to, but really focus on connecting with people. Don’t be shy.

Meet members like Lisa at Member Meeting 50 in Chicago, October 8-9!

SocialMedia.org’s Member Meeting 50 is coming up October 8-9 in Chicago, and it’s going to be one of our best meetings yet — in large part to social media leaders like Lanie who bring so much energy and excitement to every meeting and conversation they join.

We’re so grateful for our All Stars and all our members who continue to make every meeting so special and unbelievably valuable. They’re the reason this community has been thriving for over a decade, and we can’t wait for what’s next!

Learn more about Member Meeting 50 here: https://socialmedia.org/community/meetings/mm50/

Lisa has been a member of SocialMedia.org at two different companies, starting in 2015. You can follow her on LinkedIn.