Chad Parizman

Member Meeting All Star, Chad Parizman from Pfizer, celebrates attending 17 SocialMedia.org meetings

Ahead of our 50th Member Meeting, we’re going to be spotlighting our top 10 Member Meeting All Stars — members who’ve attended the most Member Meetings during their time in the community.

Member Meeting All Star
To kick things off, we chatted with Pfizer Head of Social Media and Digital Communications Chad Parizman about his experience attending 17 SocialMedia.org Member Meetings over the past 10 years, and what keeps him coming back.

How would you describe your first SocialMedia.org Member Meeting?
It was so long ago, I don’t even remember it! [Editor’s note: Chad has been a loyal meeting attendee since as far back as 2009.] My first memory with these meetings was attending a public BlogWell conference before I even knew about SocialMedia.org. It was in Atlanta at the Newell Rubbermaid office.

Pfizer's Chad Parizman at SocialMedia.org Member Meetings

What are some of your favorite activities or memories from past Member Meetings?
All of the meetings at Disney are at the top of the list — Rocket donuts, dinner on the set of the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, winning the highest score on Toy Story Midway Mania.

There are also a few member dinners that stand out, mostly from my experiences at the meetings in Chicago. And then the unofficial activities — like getting deep dish pizza with just a handful of members, or hitting the Magic Kingdom with a dozen people after three days of bonding at the Member Meetings — really stick with me after the meetings.

Why do you make attending Member Meetings a priority?
There’s no other place I can have these conversations and meet the kind of people I do at Member Meetings. The soft benefits — therapy, comradery, inspiration — are what keep me coming back.

What advice would you give to someone going to their first Member Meeting?
Introduce yourself to everyone you sit next to, and don’t just sit next to people you know. It’s great to talk to members on Community Calls or through emails, but having a face-to-face conversation just can’t be replaced.

Meet members like Chad at Member Meeting 50 in Chicago, October 8-9!

SocialMedia.org’s Member Meeting 50 is coming up October 8-9 in Chicago, and it’s going to be one of our best meetings yet — in large part to amazing social media leaders like Chad who not only bring incredible experience and insight to the conversations we have there, but warmth, generosity, and a healthy dose of fun.

We’re so grateful for our All Stars and all our members who continue to make every meeting so special and unbelievably valuable. They’re the reason this community has been thriving for over a decade, and we can’t wait for what’s next.

Learn more about Member Meeting 50 here: https://socialmedia.org/community/meetings/mm50/

Chad Parizman has been a member of SocialMedia.org since 2009. You can connect with him on LinkedIn and follow him on Twitter.