11:56 — Tuck: I'm going to talk about managing your social media content strategy — also known as 20 minutes social media content glory.
11:57 — Tuck: This is the checklist that I use.
11:58 — Connection is instant we are always online. We jump on social its our instant go to. We have the need to share content each. We have a Nov 13 status its noise that is happening.
11:59 — Tuck: So how to get heard. We have the shortest attention-span. It's 8 seconds. It's affects from our digitized life styles. How do become valuable. Content is the currency of social. I personally believe there are first elements:
- Know why they care — customers own the brand. Talk about what there wants are.
- Know where they are. Go deep rather than broad be in the right place.
- Listen to learn this is contact evolve landscape.
- Simplify each stage. It makes you easier to focus.
12:00 — Phase 1: Setup
- Align initiatives
- Set your editorial mission
- Form your engagement – characterize your content marketing. how do you see your landscape evolve.
- Document for accountability – create a system of record.
- Prioritize Channels – Include the platforms that you're going to use to share your story. Thing about how all these platforms work together. You have to match your channels.
- Audit your channels – Who is where and engaging and with what. Whens the last time you check the about.us. Establish a review process.
- Audit your competitors –
- Assess demand – This is for your content. What type of content i'm going to try and create. Borrow from other channels.
- Determine where content plays – Check out your site and see where other people are going on you site. What are people looking at on youtube. That helps you create your content.
- Listening velocity. Do you we need to start bridging that content
12:07 — Phase 2: Planning
- Embrace the existing, then fill the gap — align the efforts into one effort.
- Influencers: Go and find people that already love you.
- Find a home.
- Set a budget & resources — it's really about how much you're going to spend.
- Allocate resources: Who owns the calendar, production, and distribution.
12:10 — Phase 3:
- Look at the spans – Look at a month, year, week.. What experiments that are you going to start using.
- Structure the calendar – Go back to your initiative and assign a goal. Key dates. Day partying and retail hours.
- Check the ratios.
- Whats the frequency – You need to test what is going to work. make sure you simplify and share the right work. You have to ask yourself. Is this right?
12:12 — Phase 4:
- Set the tone.
- Select the content type.
- Pick your media – Visuals create the post. Whats the one thing you want them to do.
- Write the copy – Present the human side.
12:16 — Phase 6: Distribution
12:17 — Wrap up
- Listen up
- Be authentic
- Patience is a virtue
- Be flexible – you need to evolve your content strategy.
- Own it – “Make it unique”
12:18 — Tuck: “Social is part of your CONTENT strategy. Content is part of your SOCIAL Strategy”
Q: Building a home — what are the best characteristics of building a home?
A: Tuck: Driving a SEO and content strategy.
Q: Tips for going to into a new market for small and agile team?
A: Tuck: I think influencers can help with this space. Using a PR team. Trying to figure if something you can do yourself or using another team
Q: How do you view the pay to play effort?
A: Tuck: Viewing it around the simplified model and organic model.
Q: Are you using different metrics per post?
A: Tuck: Yes, we are paying to promote. We're looking for cost by engagement and number of share.