1:33 — Devon: We wanted to get started in employee advocacy with a modern platform to make sure it was easy for employees and compliant. We wanted our employees to become social followers and to get something out of it as well.
1:35 — We chose LinkedIn Elevate:
- Branded and backed by the largest professional social network
- Sharing capability to multiple platforms
- Robust analytics on the back end for us
- Support for compliance enhancements
1:37 — Devon: We launched to 100 early adopters, which helps us:
- Establish a content strategy and processes
- Gather user feedback
- Create campaign materials
- Socialize with internal stakeholders
- Enroll key executives
- Measure progress and take note of successes
1:39 — What we wanted to try:
- Partner with LinkedIn to host onsite registration events
- Create internal direct marketing campaigns
- Target new users with sponsored posts on LinkedIn. Dark posts created leaderboards and seed competition — it works especially well with giving visibility to our executives.
- Experiment with content topics, sources, and formats
- Enroll and encourage key stakeholders and target those who we thought would make a difference
- Track registrations and active participants
- Assess reach and engagement to evaluate program health
- Assess business outcomes to evaluate program impact
1:41 — Devon: Results: 830 users in about a year and half with a 300-percent share rate, 4.7 million impressions, 1.5 percent engagement rate, and 230 influenced hires
1:43 — Devon: A couple of key takeaways:
- Find a way to make sharing easy for employees and compliant for your company
- Enroll employees by clearly showing the personal value for them
- Solicit and nurture executive participation
- Measure what matters
Q: Why did you choose LinkedIn, and what drove your decision?
A: Devon: We chose LinkedIn because of the branding to test it as a pilot. Also, driving the talent agenda was another reason
Q: I was wondering about the curators.
A: Devon: Right now they are members from our team. Anyone who is a user can submit a post but mostly it was a person from our team.
Q: Have you started to articulate your 2017 goals to build on 2016 a little bit?
A: Devon: Yes, we have. Our goal is to try to impact the talent pool.
Q: Was there any concern about competitors?
A:> No, I did not hear that concern from anyone. But, I did hear some compliments.
Q: Did you encounter anyone who was not active on social media?
A: We did find some folks. It goes by compliance — by whatever makes the company more comfortable and makes our employees more active.
Q: I'm curios about the platform testing. Are you looking to replace the platform?
A: Right now we're going to keep both. But we are going to be testing.
Q: How are you going to expand in terms of resourcing?
A: Right now, we have a freelance person that's doing the content creation and the resourcing.
Q: So you said 830 employees, right now. How has it been rolled out? Do you have sense of a goal milestone for that?
A: We're limited by the number of licenses. So not beyond that. But we're on track right now. We started with creative engagement from TEDx incubator type of stuff.