Last week we wrapped up our 46th SocialMedia.org Member Meeting in New York.
128 social media leaders from 89 brands got together to talk about the things that are most important to their work right now.
We heard 10 Show & Tell presentations from fellow SocialMedia.org members, all senior social media leaders at big brands.
They shared stories about projects they had led, challenges they had faced, what went well, what didn’t work, and what they hope to do next. We heard from:
- Geoff Morgan and Mark Obee with Intuit on mapping the social customer journey to build more customer delight.
- Nestle Purina Petcare’s Laura Lee on employee advocacy and how to make it work for you.
- Nicole Bohorad at Rite Aid on meeting your content creation needs outside of your agency.
- Alina Vargas on how Medtronic trained their 40,000+ global employees on social media policy.
- Blake Menezes at Autodesk on their internal relationship between brand marketing and paid social.
- Boeing’s Katja Halverson on how they overcame a risk-averse culture and encouraged their C-suite to become engaged on social media.
- Jim O’Brien and Seth Brewer from Travelers Insurance on how they closed the gap between marketing and sales through effective social selling and content marketing.
- Brian Wright on how Wells Fargo uses advanced social media listening strategies.
- United’s Ryan Bujeker on how they established a dedicated in-house social media listening capability to protect and elevate brand reputation.
- Jaci Twidwell at Hallmark on their three-step process to amplify event marketing through public relations and social media.
We also held 16 Member-Led Discussions where SocialMedia.org members explored tough questions, shared experiences, and got help with specific challenges they’re facing.
Discussions were with:
- Fossil’s Komal Parikh on the evolution of paid, owned, and earned strategy.
- Dan Winschel from DICK’S Sporting Goods on using social to communicate controversial policy changes in today’s political climate.
- Kerry Hassen at Delaware North on managing social customer care.
- Pfizer’s Ellen Gerstein on building and managing influencer relationships.
- Lindsay Tiles with Charles Schwab on getting executive leaders on social media.
- Emily Morrow from Scholastic on how Instagram Stories have changed your social strategy.
- U.S. Bank’s Troy Janisch on social intelligence.
- Andrea Port at Kohl’s on leveraging Twitter to build your brand and drive consideration.
- Jaclyn Welles with Corning Incorporated on the challenges and opportunities of social marketing in BtoB segments
- Aaron Grote from Great Clips on Custom Audiences changes on Facebook
- Cambia Health Solutions’ Leslie Constans on the evolution of social media engagement and measurement.
- Colleen McAdams from USAA on non-engagement strategy.
- Andy Jasenak at Amtrak on managing executive-level panic on Facebook.
- The Hershey Company’s Mike Nolan on working with agencies vs. bringing it in-house.
- Lindsey Holzer from Hilton Worldwide on organic vs. paid social strategy.
You won’t want to miss the next opportunity to have face-to-face conversations with people like you at brands like yours.
Here are the brands who were there: AARP, Abbott, Aetna, American Honda Motor Co., Amgen, Amtrak, AT&T, Auto-Owners Insurance, Autodesk, Bank of the West, Boeing, Brother International, Cambia Health Solutions, Celgene, Charles Schwab, Chick-fil-A, Citrix, Comcast, Corning Incorporated, Costco, Cox Communications, Dassault Systemes, Delaware North, Delta Air Lines, DICK’S Sporting Goods, Discovery Communications, Dominion Energy, Exelon Corporation, Farmers Insurance, FedEx, Ferguson Enterprises, First Republic Bank, Fossil, Great Clips, Hallmark, HERE Technologies, The Hershey Company, Hess Corporation, Hilton Worldwide, Hobby Lobby, Hologic, HSBC, Humana, Intuit, INVISTA, IQVIA, John Deere, Johnson & Johnson, Kohl’s Department Stores, The Kroger Company, Kronos, Lands’ End, MassMutual, Mastercard, McAfee, Medtronic, MetLife, Mohawk Industries, Nestle Purina Petcare, Nissan North America, NRG Energy, Panasonic, Pfizer, Philips, Phillips 66, Praxair, Prudential Financial, Public Service Enterprise Group, Rackspace, Rite Aid, Royal Bank of Canada, Rust-Oleum, Sanofi US, Scholastic, Securian Financial Group, Shire Pharmaceuticals, Siemens Healthineers, State Farm, T. Rowe Price, Thomson Reuters, The TJX Companies, Toll Brothers, TransUnion, Travelers Insurance, U.S. Bank, UL LLC, United, United Technologies Corporation, UnitedHealth Group, USAA, Vanguard, VF Corporation, Visa, Western Digital, Wells Fargo, and Western Union.
Stay tuned for information about our next meeting!