Last week we wrapped up our 2018 Leadership Retreat in Austin, TX.
It was our third-ever retreat exclusively for Board Chairs who are leading their social media programs.
We hosted 39 leaders from as many companies at our ranch where they could get together to talk about the things that are most important to their work right now and programs they’re planning to implement in 2019.
Plus we had a lot of fun surprises, great guest speakers, and some great food.
We held 10 Member-Led Discussions where SocialMedia.org Board Chairs explored tough questions, shared experiences, and got help with specific challenges they’re facing.
Discussions were with:
- Kristen Livesay at Takeda Pharmaceuticals on handling changes to platforms.
- InterContinental Hotels Group’s Kim Atkinson on handling the intersection between social marketing and PR roles/responsibilities in your company.
- Sarah O’Grady from Lenovo on keeping up with the ever-changing social media marketing skillset.
- 3M’s Amber Campeau on paid media management.
- Sue Serna at Cargill on managing agencies.
- DJ Hamm with Securian Financial on ensuring your in-house creative team “gets” social.
- Chad Parizman at Pfizer on the social CEO.
- Lindsay Tiles at Charles Schwab on getting social a seat at the table.
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store’s Julia Perry on proving the value of social to executives.
- Sarah Shehata at First American Financial on content strategy, development, curation, and workflow.
Here are the brands who were there: 3M, American Electric Power, BBVA Compass, Black & Veatch, Boeing, Cargill, Charles Schwab, Ciena, ConocoPhillips, Corning Incorporated, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Delaware North, Dominion Energy, Estee Lauder Companies, ExxonMobil Corporation, First American Financial, Fortinet, HERE Technologies, Hilti, Honeywell, Huntington National Bank, InterContinental Hotels Group, INVISTA, Johnson Controls, Lands’ End, Lenovo, Mayo Clinic, Nissan North America, PerkinElmer, Pfizer, Publix Super Markets, Rust-Oleum, Securian Financial Group, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Toll Brothers, TransUnion, UL LLC, and Voya Financial.
You won’t want to miss the next opportunity to have face-to-face conversations with people like you at brands like yours.
Our next Member Meeting will be in Los Angeles, February 26-27. You can check out all the details here.