Last week we wrapped up our 49th SocialMedia.org Member Meeting in Philadelphia.
133 social media leaders from 92 brands got together to talk about the things that are most important to their work right now.
We heard 10 Show & Tell presentations from fellow SocialMedia.org members, all senior social media leaders at big brands.
They shared stories about projects they’ve led, challenges they’ve faced, what went well, what didn’t work, and what they hope to do next. We heard from:
- Nader Ali-Hassan at Comcast on how they transformed perceptions of social media marketing through the use of live video.
- Tamara Scott from Vanguardon how they fostered client engagement in a regulated industry.
- Nicholas Sucich with USPS on their social business intelligence program and how to understand the conversation about your business.
- Anne McGraw at Nissan North America on how they embrace events and activations as their primary mechanism for creating social media conversations.
- Jen Hartmann with John Deere on clearly defining a crisis on social media.
- Emily Sechrist from Intel on how they’re transforming social content for a BtoB world.
- Karen O’Brien at Signet Jewelers on leveraging social marketing to drive both online and offline consumer journeys.
- Abigail Scott from Hologic on leveraging awareness days to amplify your brand.
- Jeremy Humphries with Farmers Insurance on achieving lift through value-based content marketing.
- Jayme Meyer at ExxonMobil on using social media training to drive business outcomes.
We also held 16 Member-Led Discussions where SocialMedia.org members explored tough questions, shared experiences, and got help with specific challenges they’re facing.
Discussions were with:
- Jess Hoeler and Andy Rose from Amica Mutual Insurance on elements of a successful employee social advocacy program.
- Cici Ghattas at Discovery Inc. on how your social team works across business units.
- Doug Busk from Emory University on reporting metrics to management.
- Lauren Gaglio with Henry Schein on YouTube strategy.
- Emily Finley at Marvin Windows and Doors on LinkedIn for BtoB and employee engagement.
- Carly Nusser from Johnsonville Sausage on harnessing the power of UGC and brand ambassadors.
- Brynn Zech with TE Connectivity on consumer-driven storytelling to increase followers.
- Heather D’Amico at Travelers on launching new social media channels.
- Erin Haas from Safelite AutoGlass on using CRM data to personalize ad delivery and drive efficiency.
- Lynne DeRoche with Marriott International on successfully utilizing social media for customer care and engagement.
- Linda Lollo at Big Lots on social team structure.
- Robert Johnson from Paychex on social engagement for BtoB.
- Chad Parizman with Pfizer on becoming thought leaders.
- Shelley Crockett at Choice Hotels International on paid social media strategy.
- Colleen Sokolik at MetLife on BtoC influencers.
- Kathleen O’Brien with Phillips 66 on agency relations and management.
Here are the brands who were there:
Ace Hardware, Allergan, American Electric Power, American Family Insurance, Amica Mutual Insurance, Andersen Corporation, Audi of America, Auto-Owners Insurance Group, Big Lots, Bimbo Bakeries, Brother International Corporation, Cambia Health Solutions, Capital One, Choice Hotels International, Chubb, Ciena, Citrix, Comcast, Conagra Brands, David Weekley Homes, Delaware North, Discovery Inc., Dominion Energy, Emory University, Enterprise Holdings, Exact Sciences, Exelon Corporation, ExxonMobil, Farmers Insurance, Fidelity Investments, Freddie Mac, Genworth, Henry Schein, Hologic, Intel, Intuitive Surgical, John Deere, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Johnsonville Sausage, JPMorgan Chase, KeyBank, Kia Motors America, Kiewit, Kohler, Lenovo, Marriott International, Marvin Windows and Doors, MassMutual, MetLife, NCR Corporation, Nissan North America, Novartis, NRG Energy, Nu Skin Enterprises, Papa John’s International, Paychex, Paycom, Pearson Education, PerkinElmer, Pfizer, Phillips 66, Prudential Financial, Rust-Oleum, Safelite AutoGlass, Sallie Mae, Scholastic, Securian Financial, Sheetz, Siemens Healthineers, Signet Jewelers, Solvay Group, Synchrony, T. Rowe Price, TD Bank Group, TE Connectivity, Thrivent Financial, The TJX Companies, Toll Brothers, Toyota, Travelers, UBS, UL LLC, United States Postal Service, United Technologies Corporation, UnitedHealth Group, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Vanguard, Veolia, Wawa, Webster Bank, Wells Fargo, and Xerox.
You won’t want to miss Member Meeting 50 in Chicago, October 8-9 — the next opportunity to have face-to-face conversations with people like you at brands like yours.
It’s a huge milestone for the community, so we’re celebrating with a big birthday bash! Check out all the details and reserve your spot here: https://socialmedia.org/community/meetings/mm50/