Thanks to a ton of amazing people, nowhere-else conversations, and unbeatable views at the Presidio’s Golden Gate Club, our 43rd Member Meeting was a huge success! We had 78 social media leaders from 58 big brands and zero vendors in attendance.
Over two days, SocialMedia.org members shared what they’re working on in casual, behind-the-scenes talks. We heard from:
- Levi Strauss & Co.’s Danielle Samaniego on how they stay authentic in social media’s political climate.
- Kia Motors’ David Schoonover on how they leverage chatbots in social.
- NVIDIA’s LaSandra Brill on how they incorporate AI into their social marketing strategy.
- Blizzard Entertainment’s Saralyn Smith on how their social strategy evolves to give developers a voice in their gaming communities.
- Bank of the West’s Beth Teague on how they navigate BtoB social media with creative campaigns.
- Juniper Networks’ Matt Wolpin on how they shifted their focus to brand advocacy.
- Kaiser Permanente’s Vince Golla on how they launched their BeKP employee advocacy program.
- Nestle’s Orchid Bertelsen on how they create all social content in-house.
Conversations you can’t have anywhere else.
In addition to those Show & Tell talks, we broke into small groups to discuss topics related to our members’ industry and social team size. During the afternoons, members created and voted on unconference topics that mattered most to them. Everything was confidential and off the record, so we got to dig into the real issues that come with leading social media at a big brand.
Here’s a list of who was there:
AARP, Aetna, Air Canada, Autodesk, Bank of the West, BBVA Compass, Blizzard Entertainment, Boeing, Brocade, CA Technologies, Cambia Health Solutions, Chevron, Citrix, The Coca-Cola Company, Comerica Bank, Corning, Dell, Exxon Mobil Corporation, First Republic Bank, GoPro, Hard Rock International, Hobby Lobby, Hologic, HP, Juniper Networks, Kaiser Permanente, KB Home, Kia Motors, Kiewit, Levi Strauss & Co., Logitech, Manulife / John Hancock, Mutual of Omaha, Nestle USA, Nintendo, NVIDIA, Paychex, Phillips 66, Qualcomm, Raley’s, Rust-Oleum, Securian Financial Group, Sephora, Shire Pharmaceuticals, Southern California Edison, The TJX Companies, U.S. Bank, VF Corporation, Visa, VSP Global, Wells Fargo, Wendy’s International, WD, and Western Union.
Your next chance to experience a Member Meeting is this summer in Chicago.
If you missed out on the fun in San Francisco, we’re getting the SocialMedia.org family back together on July 18-20 in Chicago.
There will be more peer-to-peer discussions, six member-led sessions, 14 Show & Tell talks from Nissan, McDonald’s, Kohl’s, Marriott, TD Ameritrade, Boeing, and more, and lots of social time over great meals.
Plus, we’re taking a night out at the ballpark to watch the Sox take on the Dodgers. You won’t want to miss it.
Register and learn more here: https://socialmedia.org/meetings/mm44/