Chase Fritchle

Chase Fritchle, Social Marketing Manager at Live Nation Entertainment

For this profile, Ticketmaster Manager of Social Media Marketing Chase Fritchle sat down with us to talk about his career path. He’s been a member of SocialMedia.org since 2009 when he joined with member brand DeVry University.

“Social has connected the dots so that consumers feel like they’re talking to someone at a company and less like they’re speaking to an answering service.”

According to Chase Fritchle, Social Media Marketing Manager at Ticketmaster, “Social has helped make you feel like somebody actually cares about you and your experience and what you truly need help with.”

He says, “But it’s not just about when customers have a complaint anymore. Brands are listening for trends and themes and being part of timely conversations using social media.”

Chase has watched social listening evolve over the years.

His social career started in 2007, working in reputation management for Peak6, an investment firm in downtown Chicago. He mentioned being grateful for working alongside of stock traders who were predicting social media was going to be a big part of our future and were investing early.

So they created a financial website called WeSeed, which set out to be the stock market for the rest of us or those who didn’t know much about investing or trading. Chase says handling reputation management and social listening for Peak6 is where he found his passion for social media. From there, he would go on to manage communities for DeVry University, analyze social listening for Cartoon Network, and now leads social media marketing for Ticketmaster.

“It’s been a really exciting journey,” Chase says.

One of the most fulfilling parts of his career path was managing DeVry University’s DriVen Class.

Chase got his social media chops as the Senior Social Media Community Manager for DeVry University.

“DeVry is where I learned the bulk of what I’ve done in social media: issue resolution, community management, campaign launching, working with advocacy and influencer groups on a daily basis, spearheading a community of thought leaders and ambassadors, and helping the company operate as a social business.”

“I’ve touched some really amazing campaigns in my life, and I’m grateful to be able to work with some of the biggest artists and sports leagues on a regular basis. All this social media stuff I get to do every day is all pretty darn amazing. But if there’s one thing that really sticks out to me it’s when I was at DeVry working with their DriVen Class, an ambassador program for students and alumni.”

The program focused on connecting students to the resources they need– both faculty and alumni — looking for mentorship or extra motivation into one social community managed by DeVry. Chase says that while it started at a grassroots level, it grew quickly once students realized the real impact those connections could make.

“School can be a burden and get overwhelming at times, so it’s nice to have extra motivation from peers and sharing positive vibes and motivation. That was the one thing that stuck out to me about the DriVen Class program, because we live in a world where it’s really easy to be brought down and unmotivated quickly,” Chase says.

At Ticketmaster, Chase handles everything from strategy to execution.

As the Social Marketing Manager, Chase has worked on strategy, client and brand promotions, channel management, and activation for tons of different live events. After all, Ticketmaster isn’t just about selling concert tickets, it’s about creating memories that fans will remember for a lifetime.

“Family shows, sports, comedy, festivals — everything from the live event or live entertainment space, we probably do it. That’s been exciting because I get to work with different artists, like Britney Spears, or work with the big leagues, like the NHL.”

Chase says having a network of like-minded people also makes his job easier.

“Social media is still challenging marketers, and oftentimes you have to pave ground or do something that few people have never done before. You might be going through a challenge for the first time, but there’s probably someone with a similar experience you can reach out to. It’s kind of cliché, but having a social network of people who are going through similar challenges that you can learn from is extremely valuable to me.”

Some of those challenges: working across silos within big corporations.

Chase explains that most people don’t see a lot of the collaboration and team coordination that goes on behind the scenes.

“I look at social media managers as integrated marketing professionals who bring together groups of people working on similar — and sometimes different — business objectives,” he says.

“Social plays the role in breaking down siloes and bringing people together to be more aligned and integrated. I don’t think people realize how much work goes into managing those relationships and making sure people work together for that one common goal,” Chase explains.

Say hi to Chase on Twitter and ask about his favorite live music performance.