Mini Member Meeting Chicago
April 2, 2019
Here’s what you need to know for the meeting. Please RSVP below.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of IL, TX, OK, NM, MT, Boeing, CDW, Exelon Corporation, Express Scripts, Fiskars, Johnson Controls, MilliporeSigma, Mondelez International, and Takeda Pharmaceuticals.
- Only RSVP if you can definitely attend. This is a structured conversation with facilitators and limited seats. (If you can’t make it, please give us enough warning to invite someone from the waitlist.)
- This meeting is confidential. You will be required to agree to our confidentiality rules when you register.
- Tuesday, April 2, 2019.
- Convene (16 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL 60603).
- 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Discussions start promptly at 1:00 PM, please be on time.
- 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM — Lunch Discussions and Introduction
- 1:30 PM – 2:45 PM — Facilitated Conversation on Paid Social Strategies: As organic reach continues to dwindle, optimizing our paid social strategy is more critical than ever. Together we’ll discuss the platforms we’re focused on and what effective paid strategies and campaigns there look like. At a leadership level, we’ll also discuss building the business case for paid budget increases, measuring our effectiveness and reporting on it, and who owns paid as our teams continue to evolve.
- 2:55 PM – 4:00 PM — Small Group Discussions
Who’s going to be there?
Everyone in the room will be leading a social media program at a big company. This is a meeting for people like you, with jobs like yours, at companies like yours — and problems like yours.
No vendors, sponsors, press, small businesses, or junior / front-line staff allowed.
Attendees will be from member companies and invited guests from similarly-sized companies.
What are we going to discuss?
You’ll get candid, honest insights from experienced peers. Bring a list of the things you’re working on right now. We’d love to help.
Some early topics that have been suggested include:
- Best practices to amplify news and media relations via social
- Calculating ROI value for social care
- Finding and incorporating influencers into social media strategy
- Launching a company-wide employee advocacy program
- Communicating to executives in a reserved and cautious environment
- Managing Instagram API restrictions
- How do you deal with brand boycotts on social?
What’s the format?
Here’s an explanation of the format from one of our other meetings. We’ve been running similar meetings for the past 12 years — it’s a very efficient format to get high value in limited time.
Why is there no fee and who is funding this?
SocialMedia.org is a community for people leading social media at the world’s greatest brands. We have members-only meetings about four times a year. Because our meetings are confidential, we host smaller meetings for guests to see what we do. In total transparency, we think you’re going to love it and will want to join the community.