Founders Meeting | Orlando, FL | January 23, 2018
Welcome to the first meeting for your new community.
The Founders Meeting is unlike the typical Board Meetings we’ll experience in the future. You’ll help set the stage for this fantastic new community.
As one of the founders, this is your chance to frame the issues, focus the purpose, and build deeper relationships with your fellow founders.
We’ll focus on:
- What are the critical issues for board members to discuss?
- What are the unique challenges for blockchain strategy at major brands?
- What are the right types of companies for membership in the community?
- Which individuals on your teams will be the best contributors to the conversation?
- The ground rules and format of the community’s activities
What’s special about Board Meetings?
1. Better information: A private meeting for people like you.
There are certain things you can only talk about face-to-face, with people like you, in total confidentiality. You get better answers when experienced practitioners can share openly and honestly — with no vendors in the room. You can’t get this anywhere else.
2. Better use of your time: Great conversations. Nothing else.
You pick the topics, so every conversation is useful and relevant. All the content is from fellow members who know what they’re talking about — no bad speeches, panels, or pitches. And, it’s a well-run meeting, on time, with amazing customer service.
3. It feels like a family reunion.
It’s a fun, uplifting experience to spend time with your tribe. There’s a level of comfort and support you get when you know that everyone in the room understands you.
We’ll have three kinds of incredible conversations.
Unconferences are fast-paced, peer-to-peer discussions where you suggest discussion topics, vote for your favorites, and join the conversations that interest you most. It means you’re spending the entire time talking about exactly the right things for you, not some canned agenda set by meeting planners months in advance.
2. Large Group Discussions
Our morning large-group format is where we’ll dig into some big topics about the community together. This gets a lot of voices involved, and helps us warm up for the day of deep peer-to-peer discussions.
3. Meal Discussions
Meals aren’t just breaks — they’re formal parts of the program where some of the best conversations happen. This is a time where we focus on unstructured conversations — both personal and business — that help build those deep relationships with your fellow members.
Who can attend
1. Registration is Not Open to the Public
This meeting is private, off-the-record, and exclusively for people leading blockchain strategy at major brands. All registrations are reviewed, and everyone will have signed a confidentiality agreement.
2. The Dinner on Monday is Members-Only
Everyone in the room will be a Blockchain Board member and a founder of this community.
3. Tuesday is Members-Only and Invited Guests
The Founders Meeting is off the record, but some prospective members will be joining us. Founders can register up to three participants.
Monday, January 22
- 7:00 PM — Member Dinner
Tuesday, January 23
- 8:00 AM — Breakfast Discussions
- 9:00 AM — Welcome and Overview
- 9:30 AM — Large Group Discussion 1
- 10:30 AM — Break
- 10:45 AM — Large Group Discussion 2
- 11:45 AM — Break
- 12:00 PM — Lunch Discussions
- 1:00 PM — Unconference Introduction
- 1:10 PM — Unconference Round 1
- 1:40 PM — Break
- 1:50 PM — Unconference Round 2
- 2:20 PM — Break
- 2:30 PM — Unconference Round 3
- 3:00 PM — Adjourn
Everything else you need to know
Dates and pricing
- The Founders Meeting takes place on January 23, with the private Member Dinner the night before on January 22.
- The price is free with your Blockchain Board.org membership.
Venue and hotel
- Venue: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort Convention Center (1700 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Orlando, FL 32830)
- Hotel: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort — Click here to reserve your room at our discounted rate.
If you are unable to attend the event — well, we’ll miss you. We understand that things happen, but you cannot transfer your registration to another person, and nobody can show up in your place. Each attendee must be approved in advance. If you can’t make it, please cancel your registration, and we’ll issue you a credit or refund according to our cancellation policy.
We’re totally casual. Jeans are fine. It’s one of the perks of a confidential meeting — nobody back at the office will know what you wear. (No shirt, no shoes, no service.)
NOTE: ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO REVIEW
Submitting this form does not mean you’ve been approved for the event — do not book your travel yet.
This is a private event for founding Blockchain Board members and invited guests. All registrations are subject to approval at the sole discretion of Board.org. If your registration is not approved, we will issue you a full refund.
- Members: If you are already on your company roster, you will be approved.
- If you work at a member company, you must be on your company’s roster before you can attend. It takes up to two weeks to complete the screening and approval process, and there are no rush approvals. When you complete this form, we’ll start the approval process.
- Guests: Please talk to us if you are interested in attending and joining the community. If you have already received an invitation, use this form to register.